03 April 2011

"The Dream Police they live inside of my head": The Triumphant Return of Superjail

As I was waiting for the LSD to kick in last night, I decided to pop in Adult Swim's Superjail in anticipation for the start of the second season that starts tonight. Superjail is an excellently hand-drawn cartoon that is a contender for most violent show on the human plane, so much so that it is sometimes incomprehensible for those who do not vacation regularly in the 5th, 6th, and 7th dimensions. But I digress...
The drugs were starting to weigh me down a little bit, I looked at the poster behind the TV, and the letters that spell out "College" on John Belushi's sweater were starting to jump around and reorganize.  I Remember thinking that "Cell Gloe" might be somehow significant. The DVD wasn't starting, and I started getting anxious. I didn't want to have to figure out any technical problems; I just wanted to get weirded out and sit on my couch. "Fuck it," I said. "I'll just pop in The Twilight Zone." "The Howling Man" episode kept oscillating from black and white to bright technicolor, culminating in a bright red color for the big reveal of Satan at the end.

After the trip slowly faded away, I decided to head over to my friends house for a few late night beers and to talk about all the stupid shit I saw while high, and what happens to be on the television.... motherfucking Superjail...

By now your wondering where this story is going, so I'll tell you. My trip last night is essentially a metaphor for the show. It will constantly surprise you at the most unexpected times. It has your wellfare in mind (it wanted me to see the Zone in color for the first time). And if you let it, Superjail will make itself present to you at all times. This is as far as I can go. As Morpheus and Plato's philosopher king have both said, "I can't show you the truth... You have to see it for yourself..." And then, as Superjails warden says, "I'll see you on the other side of space brothers."

1 comment: